Tuesday 5 April 2011

I ran out of words

...but it's okay, because Rambo understands me anyway.

Me: Sugar?
Rambo: What?
Me: Su...gar? *holds out mug*
Rambo: Okay, I'll go put the kettle on. *takes mug*
Me: Sugah!
Rambo: Do you need me to put some words in this?
Me: Sugar? *headtilt*
Rambo: You want words in your tea, or are you just low on blood sugar?
Me: Sugarrrrr.
Rambo: Well, you seem to be down to your last word, so I'll put some words in this.
Me: Sugah! *smiles*
Rambo: (to Moxie) Do you have any words for your Mommy?
Moxie: *shakes self*
Rambo: So that's a no, then?
Me: NO! SUGAH!
Rambo: *laughs, and goes off to make tea*

2 comments:

emwithme said...

Heh. I do this too. Best mate understands, OH doesn't, most of the time. And then I swear. Because I can always remember profanities. But not things like "oven" (hot box) or "fridge" (cold box).

Friendly Neighbourhood Grammar Nazi said...

Oh, I can always remember profanities too...and then I get told off for swearing too much, even by people who understand. :(